- Duracion: 4 Días
Lares to Machu Picchu Trek, a 4 day program, is other exclusive and alternative Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, away from the usual tourist routes, allow us to see and learn their authentic Andean Cultures and their life dedicate to agriculture, weaving, farming, where people still dress their traditional clothing, and jointly our path will be surrounded by large and beautiful landscapes that are characteristic of the area. Finally we will descend to Ollantaytambo to take the train to Machu Picchu (Machupicchu), dedicating the last day to visiting the famous Inca citadel.
The Lares Valley is located continuously to the sacred valley of the Incas, when people decide to trek in this area they will have the possibility to appreciate very much the majesty of the mountains that surround the area, as well as the high Andean lagoons that harbor some species of birds that live constantly in these areas and others that are only of pass as they are migratory birds.
The high Andean landscapes, are unique to appreciate in this area will allow us to understand more about the life of the andean people in this rugged terrain and its great adaptation to it, which will give us a very good idea of the ancient settlers of Peru (Incas) we have a very rich cultural experience and help to understand the ancient settlers of the great Inka empire.
We leave Cusco (Cuzco) very early; our private transport will take us to the town of Calca through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, and then descend into the valley of Lares in the small community of Quiswarani. After lunch our journey will lead us to the Laguna de Queullacocha. This day we walk 5 hours, our 1st camp will be in Cuncani.
Meals Included: (L)(D)
After beakfast, we leave our camp Cuncani through Wacawasi Pass (3820 meters) we will continue our way uphill to reach approximately 4400m. During the day we will have stunning views of the Andean peaks, including the Nevado Veronica and must pass by herds of llamas and alpacas. We cross a couple of steps, where high mountain lakes are home to the Andean Geese, Puna Ibis and other water birds. We will have our 2nd camp Chaullacocha.
Meals Included: (B)(L)(D)
Today, we will have a steep path that takes us to the final leg of the trek (4300m approx), our hike towards descend will take us about 4 hours walk to reach the town of Patacancha, here appreciate a textile community with strong, ancient Quechua traditions. After our lunch near Patacancha or Rumira Sondormayo, our private transportation will drive us to Ollantaytambo. Later we can visit the ruins of Ollantaytambo; then take the train to Aguas Calientes, where we spend the night in the hotel of your choice.
Meals Included: (B)(L)
After an early breakfast, we board a bus up to the ruins of Machu Picchu (Machu Pichu). Then start your guided tour for Machu Picchu with your guide that will be arouns 2 hours. After your guided tour you can explore around the inca citadel by yourself and take many pictures. In the afternoon, we meet in Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Cusco(Cuzco), our driver will wait and transfer you directly back to your hotel.
Meals Included: (B)(L)
- Pre briefing before the trek.
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning of trek departure by private transportation.
- English/Spanish speaking professional Guide.
- Chef and support staff. Meals as described in itinerary: (B) breakfast (A) lunch (C) dinner, our chef will prepare traditional Peruvian food with selected quality food, typical of our region and great care in preparation. If you have any special preference, let us to know in advance.
- Tents Eureka Timberline 4 Seasons.
- Camping Equipment: dining tent, kitchen tent, tables and chairs, utensils. Biodegradable bathroom tent.
- Personal inflatable Mattress Thermarest.
- Personal Duffle.
- Horsemen who will lead the horses and movement of equipment. Horses and/or mules to carry the camping equipment, kitchen equipment and dining, backpacks, sleeping bags and mattresses.
- An emergency horse, which can be ridden if you are feeling ill or feels a little slower.
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes, according to costumer choice.
- Bus up and down to Aguas Calientes Machupicchu and vice versa.
- Entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Lunch on 4th day.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
- Private transport back to Cusco.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- Breakfast on 1st day.
- Dinner on 3rd day.
- Tips for Horsemen, cook and guide.
- An additional horse for passenger’s luggage.
- Sleeping bag. Huayna Picchu Entry (is $15 extra, if you want to do it, has been booked in advance).
- Original passport.
- A light day backpack with personal items and toiletries.
- Clothing molting (suitable clothing like warm and fleece clothes for night and light clothes for day, because the weather conditions change along the day).
- Personal Medication.
- Hiking boots.
- Rain jacket or rain poncho.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trekking poles (optional).
- Sunscreen, sunhat & sunglasses.
- Deep Insect Repellent.
- Water bottles (in general we can fill up with boiled water once a day, so you should carry as much capacity you need for the day.
- Energy bars.
- Extra money to buy groceries, souvenirs, etc.
- Filmadora and / or camera with lots of spare film or memory.
- Headlamp or flashlight and extra batteries.